Digital Ocean is an affordable cloud hosting provider with prices starting at $5/month for a droplet (server) with 1 core processor, 512 RAM and 20GB SSD storage.
When you talk about SSD storage, you will remember those huge $$$ for SSD but in Digital Ocean (DO) SSD is the default one for everything. So you don’t need to worry about that as you will get SSD in 5$ itself. In shared hosting, they host multiple users on the same server. That’s the reason of down time or internal server error and all that. So while using in VPS, user will be the only one who will be using it. So no sharing means more performance.
Hosting will play a major part in setting up a website. Here is the list of reasons stating why you need a good and reliable hosting.
- Good hosting will make your website loads faster.
- Should not decrease the performance of a site.
- Reliable uptime and shouldn’t cause any server problems.
- Great support team for solving your queries.
So, now you got idea about all the essential features and now you want to choose one. Don’t go for searching another, here is the detail review of Digital Ocean, which is a reliable hosting platform and that will make your site load at rocket speed and with zero downtime.
What is Digital Ocean ?
Digital Ocean is an internet hosting service which was founded way back in 2011 with its headquarters located in New York. With new to this industry Digital Ocean has made it presence felt over all other hosting service providers. The main asset of this Digital Ocean is their raw servers which they provide directly to every account because of this you’re site will never experience downtime and also will load quickly related to websites which hosted on other service providers.
Why Digital Ocean (DO) ?
There are many hosting service providers in the market and which are running from long enough but why you should go with DO. Here are the lists of reason which will make you go with DO rather than other services.
- They provide 99.99% uptime SLA around the network, power and virtual server availability.
You may think this may be a common promise from all other services but here is a twist in the tale, they will credit your money for the time in which their service was unavailable.
- 55 seconds spin-up time for servers ( which will make sure in faster pinging).
- Will provide you own disk space, CPU, RAM, and IP address.
- Their KVM virtualized droplets would ensure to deliver faster performance and also increase the level of security to your website.
- Low pricing (Available on monthly basis or hourly basis).
- Dedicated IP, 24* 7 supports, one click installation of wordpress.
This is the list of some of the features which will make sure that your life with DO is long lasting and will never disappoint you.
Price is based on the monthly basis or hourly basis. There are two plans depends on your volume intake. When you go with lower volume plan, you have a plan starting from $5 a month to $80 a month.
For $5 a month you will get 512MB Memory with 1 Core Processor and 20GB SSD Disk with 1TB Transfer.
For $80 a month you will get 8 GB Memory with 4 Core Processor and 80GB SSD Disk with 5TB Transfer.
You have options of $5, $10, $20, $40 and $80 in lower volume plan.
There is also an option for high volume plans which starts from $160 to $640 per month.
Best pick of all is $5 droplet plan where you can complete your desired work with hassle free operation in a matter of $5 per month which is much lesser than what other services charges you annually. This would be the best pick with affordable price.
How to sign up for DO and create a droplet ?
- Go to https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/ and select t a droplet ( plan ).
- Sign up with your email and set a password.
- Verify your email.
- Select your droplet and size of your server.
- Select a region and also choose an operating system.
Image Credit: DigitalOcean.com
After creating your droplet, click on add domain, enter your domain name and select the droplet created by above steps and make sure you point your name servers to DO name servers. (Which you should do in your DNS settings in your registrar (Godaddy, bigrock, etc).
Install wordpress using server pilot on Digital Ocean droplet:
- Go to servers, connect servers and then select Server Pilot.
- Run the installation command line in Putty.
- Server pilot is installed on your VPS.
- Create an App (Fill in App name, Domain name, Runtime, Server.
- Create database for this App( Go to Database and create Database).
- Name, username and password used in a database will be used later. So make sure to note.
- Download word press and upload it using SFTP.
DO also help you to earn money by promoting their service. You will be given referral link and when someone signs up with that link then. It works like this:
- You will send you referral link.
- You friend or someone will sign up for DO using that link.
- They will receive $10 in their credit balance.
- When the billing reaches $25 (If it is $5 plan then it will be after 5 months) then you will be credited with $25.
- Use their banners efficiently and promote them and earn.
- You can start right away with $5.
- SSD for individual account.
- No downtime and enables to load website faster.
- Easy to setup.
- Setting up can be hectic for non-coders.
DO is reliable cloud hosting service with all that essential stuff which will make you stand advance than others. You can try them with $5 for a month and you will continue as long as possible with them. Make sure to see site speed before and after DO, you will realize why they are best in this field.
Recommended Web Hosting
||$ 2.16/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 2.15/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 5.00/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 3.74/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 7.95/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 5.00/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$ 1.25/mo||Read Review View Website|