Blog is basically a truncation of the term weblog, in lay man terms it is just like your journal or diary on the web. Today people all across the globe are writing blogs sharing their day to day experiences or discussing about their interests or common trends. It can be anything you imagine or feel worth sharing. People who own or maintain blogs frequently are termed as “bloggers”. The writing style is mostly an informal commentary and for some it is a medium to express their thoughts or passion while some use it to publicize their business and earn money. Blogs can be of many types ranging from personal to political, sports, entertainment and many more. They are broadly classified as:
#1. Personal Blogs: It is an ongoing diary entry reflecting the thoughts and opinion of an individual.
#2. Collaborative blogs: Published by more than one author, these blogs tend to revolve about a common topic like fashion, food, sports etc.
#3. Micro blogging: It is posting smaller pieces of content on web like on Facebook, twitter etc.
#4. Corporate and organizational blogs: Generally written by organizations for marketing, branding or to maintain public relations.
By genre: Fashion, Food, Health & Fitness, Travel etc.
Blogs hold a strong value in web today; it has not only become a popular medium to transfer information and experiences of an individual or group but is also a way today’s businessmen are using to publicize their business. Some of the top blogging sites are:
Indian blogs that can be a delight to read:
To start a blog you need 2 things:
1. Domain name: The name used to identify the website. You can easily buy a custom domain name for your blog at as low as Rs.99 per year. You should choose a domain name which is but easy to remember apart from being short and concise.
2. Domain hosting: It is the parking/residing place of a domain. Many hosting sites such as wordpress, hostingraja, godaddy provides domain hosting as low as Rs.99 per month. You have to apply hosting coupons to avail such kind of offers, though. In the intial stage, you can buy a shared domain hosting and can changed it into a dedicated domain hosting (if your blog gets good amount of traffic).
Below are the 9 different types of blog
#1. Fashion Blog
- A fashion blog as the name suggests deals in various things such as specific terms of clothing and accessories, beauty tips, trends in various apparel markets, celebrity fashion choices and street fashion trends. The fashion blogs cover fashion ranging from the largest fashion design houses to the smallest independent designers.
- Many fashion blogs can also be categorized as shopping blogs whereas some blogs focus more on fashion advice. Articles discuss the clothing fit, the matching and complementing of colors, and other information on cloth wearing and care along with prescriptive advice on adhering to basic standards and recent trends. Fashion Blogs are basically designed to promote the fashion products and increase their sale.
- Social media whether in the form of personal profile, photo or blogroll, is commonly turned to by most audiences for updates in any market. Within the fashion industry, high-end designers and reputable brands are designing blogs in order to showcase, inform the global audience. It is a two-way communication, a blog’s audience is encouraged to incorporate communication to not only lead to their purchasing behavior, but also inspired all individuals who follow. The platform that can keep the audience aware of the latest trends is being provided by the fashion blogs.
The most famous fashion bloggers are as follows:
Chiara Ferragni, The Blonde Salad: For the second year in a row, the 28-year-old Los Angeles based Italian has secured the top place, with more than 5.6 million Instagram followers, 1.2 million Facebook subscribers. She has appeared on more than 25 International magazine covers, including Vogue Espana, to date.
Aimee Song, Kayture: She is the 29-year-old L.A. based interior designer with an approachable, California casual sense of style was one of the first bloggers to rise to celebrity and she’s stayed on top, with 3.4 million Instagram followers, solid website traffic, a popular Pinterest page, and a strong YouTube presence.
The latest trends of fashion blogs to follow include:
- Caro Daur
- Katherine Ormerod
- Marta Cygan aka Life of Boheme
- Margaret Zhang of shine by three
- Pernille Teisbaek and many more
Their wide vision of styling makes them unique and trendy and tends to make the audience their followers.
#2. Food Blog
A food blog can be classified in three categories that include:
- The Cooking and Posting Bloggers: These are the bloggers who cook enormously
and post about their recipe stories along with the mouthwatering pictures. “The Pioneer Woman Cooks” is a profound example of one such blog.
- The Restaurant Reviews: These bloggers help us in choosing a restaurant by scrutinizing their reviews for quality of food, ambience, service, price range and so on. It is a much more detailed version of a restaurant guide which almost always includes a little story about why they loved or hated the food. One such blog is “A Girl has to Eat” blog.
- The Super Niche Blogs: these are bloggers who catalogue a very niche subject within food itself. Theirs is a repository of recipes that not only chronicles the food they are eating but also provides a glimpse of their lifestyle. “Sous Vide Life” is an example of such blog.
The food blogs help the audience by educating them so that they can make informed choices to meet their personal health goals. They also position the products and how they fit into the
follower’s lifestyle resonates more with the audience. The videos depicting the recipes, health tips and all are seeking immense attention of audience as it provides an easy may of learning. Talking to the audience directly to take their queries and so on is too widely used.
The most famous Food Bloggers are:
- Betty Liu | le jus d’orange: She created le jus d’orange, a visually exquisite blog featuring a variety of Chinese recipes along with other delights, as she wanted to record her culinary experiences. Her blog will inspire anyone interested to make authentic Chinese fare and other creative dishes.
- Brandon Matzek | Kitchen Konfidence: Brandon started the blog Kitchen Konfidence as he loved to challenge himself in the kitchen as well as help others in their quest to do the same. Brandon’s world also periodically chronicles his travels.
The power to influence food trends has become more reachable online. There are sites like:
- “AllRecipes” gaining huge amount of traffic from food lovers.
- “Buzzfeed’s Tasty”
- “Tasty’s hot plate”
Perhaps the most fascinating new world influencers are the “foodies” that broadcast their food choices online to their followers.
#3. Health and Fitness Blog
The health and fitness blogs revamps the diet and exercise routines of the people. They provide the way to maintain the health and fitness goals by providing the right motivation and support. Healthy life encompasses so many elements such as diet, fitness, mental health, family life and more. On those days when healthy life seems to be obstructed then the health and fitness blogs comes in role.
The health and fitness blogs help the audience in a way that they offer them with the tips to lead a healthy and happy life as well as provides them with the direction to follow in case of their quest to become fit and healthy. Nowadays, people are so much involved in their jobs that they hardly find time for themselves. These blogs therefore provide them with the platform where they can find the best of the solutions to lead a balanced life.
The most famous health and fitness bloggers to follow are:
- Jennipher Walters and Elter Whitehead: The blog “Fit Bottomed Girls” is powered by Jennipher Walters and Elter Whitehead, are real women who aren’t afraid to tell it like it is. The blog provides fitness tips, workout ideas and reviews.
- Steve Kamb: His blog is “Nerd Fitness” where he delivers down to earth takes on topics like boosting your confidence, how to navigate the grocery store and why you should stop making new year’s resolutions.
There is a mountain of new exercise trends to keep up with, from high intensity interval training to functional fitness even if one is a seasoned athelete. The blogs that can make you more aware about the latest trends are:
- Nerd Fitness
- Workout Mommy
- Summer Tomato and many more.
#4. Travel Blog
The travel blog makes an honest forum through which people could make travel decisions. The travelling public accepts advice and recommendations from strangers in order to explore the world by receiving directions required. Travel blogs fill the same niche of wanting to hear from real people about travelling experience. The travel blog is all about about helping people in making smart travel decisions.
Travelling and exploring, serves to be the best one can do for oneself. It helps a person to get out of the daily somber schedule and meet a whole new life. Undoubtedly, travelling do require a lot of decisions to make which a person new to the place finds it hard. Therefore, the Travel Blogs serves to be the online guide that provides advices, recommendations and help them figuring out the best to travel.
The topmost travel bloggers are:
- Dan Flying Solo: Daniel is a British bloke who works with Skyscanner and LonelyPlanet on the regular. He’s an amazing writer and all his tips are extremely useful. He’a even an outstanding photographer.
- A Broken Backpack: Meli is a Canadian doll. She has no filter and is such a heart filled individual who has truly proved that hard work pays off. She has been published on Huffington Post, Thought Catalog and much more.
Tour and activity providers are used to spotting trends. The latest trends of Travel Blogs are:
- Millenials, they have secured their status as leaders in travel and tourism.
- Active and Adventure Trips
- Female Solo Travel and many more.
#5. Technology Blog
The technology blog shares the most interesting guides about technology and its effects on the society. It is the forum where one can find hot tech news and latest technology trends, but also some information about gadgets and their reviews as well. When it comes to educating the people about technology, culture, and business.
Millions and billions of queries develop in a tech freak’s mind, the technology blog meets them in the most appropriate way by making them aware of the recent technology trends, the information regarding various gadgets along with the reviews, the technology related news to keep them updated. It is the optimum way to retrieve technological knowledge.
The most renowned technology bloggers are:
- Boris and Patrick:
When Boris and Patrick decided their own event to showcase their new startup, they needed a platform to promote the conference, and that’s how “thenextweb.com” was launched. It later became a blog. Their blog focuses on this cross-generational group and helps them get the most out of technology.
- Sven Lennartz and Vitaly Friedman: “Smashing Magazine”, found in 2006 as part of Smashing Media AG. It is a website and eBook publisher that offers editorial content and professional resources for web developers and web designers.
At this age of modern technology where new gadgets and digital apps are developed each day, similarly the blogs comprising of the latest technology trends adopted by them are getting updated. Some of them are listed:
- Tech2.com and so on.
#6. Educational Blog
The blog created for educational purposes is referred to as the educational blog. It archive and support the learning of student and teacher by facilitating reflection, questioning by self and others, and providing contexts for involving in higher order thinking. The use of blogs has become popular in education institutions including public schools and colleges.
In order to expand the creativity of the students, the educational blogs have played a vital role. The blogs turn out to be accessible and engaging, they provide multi-faceted learning, they promote literacy, they can serve as a classroom management tool. In the era where everything is getting advanced, the educational blog serves to be the medium supporting it by creating a user friendly environment.
The profound educational bloggers are:
- Lisa Nielson: “The Innovative Educator” is the name of her blog. She is motive by her own disillusionment with the way public schools today approach teaching. Nielson focuses on showing other educators ways that they can use freely available resources and technologies to make class more engaging and relevant.
- Gwyneth Jones: Jones, a librarian created a blog where she not only provides excellent content on new apps but also a good measure of fun stories that will have you laughing out loud.
The role of an educator is to examine the current states both within the classroom as well as within the world and maintain the balance between both depending on the best interests of students and learning. Some of the latest trends are:
- Students as critical consumers and content creators
- Blended environments and flattened walls
- Participatory learning for teachers and so on.
#7. Entertainment Blog
- Movies: The movie blog is a home for upcoming movies, gets the latest movie news, movie trailers, celebrity news and gossip. The entertainment of the audience is being conducted by the movie blogs that keep them updated with the going to be released movies, celebrity hot gossips and much more.
- Tv Series: The Tv Series blog comprises of the wide collection of Tv series of all times ranging from the old era to the latest ones. There is a wide traffic that rush to watch Tv series. It also provides information about the Tv series as well as the reviews.
The entertainment of the audience is marked by movies, Tv series and much more. The entertainment blog contributes in the entertainment of the audience by keeping them aware of the latest movies and Tv shows, displaying trailers, exhibiting the reviews in order to examine, updating with the latest news of movies, Tv series, celebrities and so on.
The most famous Entertainment Bloggers are:
- Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian: The name of their blog id Reddit. It is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website. Reddit was ranked the 4th most visited website in U.S. and 8th in the world.
- Jonah Peretti: BuzzFeed is the name of his blog. The firm is a social news and entertainment company with a focus on digital media. It is the leading independent digital media company.
The latest trends of Entertainment Blogs constitute:
- Cracked Online
- Slate Magazine
#8. Photography Blog
A photoblog is a form of photo sharing and publishing in the format of a blog. It differs from other blogs as it focus mainly on photographs rather than the text. Photoblogging gained momentum in the early 2000’s with the advent of the moblog and cameraphones.
The photography blog provides explanatory content for people following it. It is a great way to showcase the best photographs and providing tips to the audience related to photography. It can be a great platform to learn the usage of camera to capture mesmerizing photographs and becoming aware of the creative works of the brilliant photographers.
The most famous Photography Bloggers are:
- Scott Bourne: PhotoFocus is the website created by him. His career in photography is four decades long. The website serves as an educational guide for those seeking to pursue photography as a profession.
- Joe McNally: His career has spanned decades. He is an extremely famous photographer with a blog that perfectly displays his work. His site has a great layout and is easy accessible.
The latest trends of photography blogs are as follows:
- Shutter Stock
- Adobe Stock
- StockPhotoSecrets Shop
#9. DIY Blog
A DIY blog deals with the life style of the people by becoming a platform that shares the content about family, home, decor, travel, design, makeup and stuff related to that. The people get highly inspired with the information contained in the blog.
The audience is highly benefited with the lifestyle blogs as they get to learn a lot about lifestyle, family, home, décor, kids, makeup etc. Mostly the women are inspired by this blog, the solution to their any daily life problem can be fetched from the content provided in the DIY blogs.
Lifestyle Blog: A lifestyle blog is defined as a digital content representation of its author’s everyday life and interests. A lifestyle blogger creates contents which are inspired by their personal interests and daily activities. The content is mostly about family, home, travel, beauty, food, makeup, decor etc.
Life Hacks: It is the leading source of practical and adaptable knowledge dedicated to improve the productivity, relationships, health, happiness and more.
The renowned names of DIY Bloggers are:
- Mandi Gubler: Vintage Revivals is the name of her blog. She is the combination of fearless do-it-yourselfer, a passionate believer and a stop taking yourself too seriously attitude. She has created some outstanding makeovers.
- Sherry and John Petersik: Young House Love is the name of their blog. They have the passion, soul and skills to amaze people with their outstanding creations.
The latest trends of DIY Blogs include:
- Wall Hangings
- Hand-Dyed Textiles
- Ring Dishes
- Letter Boards
Blogging powers the growth of businesses no matter small or big. They provide a great platform for the audiences to retrieve the accurate information regarding whatsoever field like food, fashion, photography, educational, DIY etc. The people who read blog on the internet are provided with the opportunity to respond and/or give criticism to the blog. Before blogging, the editors of the large Medias decided what we needed to know but blogging has changed all of that.
Personal development, entrepreneurship, small business, online business, productivity, marketing, and lifestyle design are the top seven topics about which bloggers write, with at least 20% of bloggers covering each of the above.
They help people to remain updated with the latest trends effectively. There is an hope that blogging industry will become more diverse with time i.e. people from different ethnicities and countries should become a part of it.This will help the blogging industry to gain perspective and richness.
Recommended Web Hosting
||£3.95/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$2.15/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$5.00/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$3.74/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$7.95/mo||Read Review View Website|
||$5.00/mo||Read Review View Website|